About the Journal
Socialis Series in Social Science is Monographic Series that provides fast and flexible publication of Edited Volumes and Conference Proceedings in the various areas of Social Science, Arts and Humanities. We publish online, peer-reviewed and open-access articles.
Aims and Scope: The journal aims to publish inter-disciplinary articles from the field of Social Science and Humanities.
Frequency: As this serial is a 'Monographic Series', books are released in successive volumes, each of which is structured like a separate book or scholarly monograph.
Starting Year: 2021
Katalin LIPTÁK, PhD in Economics, Associate Professor, Head of Department, Faculty of Economics, Department of Labour Market and Employment Policy, University of Miskolc, Hungary
Copyright of Published Articles
Author(s) retain the article copyright and publishing rights without any restrictions.
All published work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Open Access Statement
This is an open-access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles in this journal without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.
Peer Review Process
- This journal follows a peer-review process.
- After a paper is received, it is sent to the subject matter expert for blind review.
- The review process takes up to 3-4 weeks.
- Manuscripts are judged on the basis of the following criteria :
- The overall contribution of the paper to the field of knowledge
- Significance and relevance of the topic to the scope of the concerned journal
- The originality of the content
- Adequacy of the Literature Review
- Conceptual rigor
- Logical and technical soundness
- Organization of the content
- Writing quality
- Managerial/Theoretical/ Policy Implications of the Research
- Limitations of the Study and Scope for Further Research
- The Editor- in - Chief and Managing Editor reserve the right to accept or refuse an article for publication, without assigning any reasons.
- After the review process is completed, the authors will be informed about the decision of the reviewers by email.
Socialis Series in Social Science publishes individual items as soon as they are ready, by adding them to the "current" volume's Table of Contents. Generally, the publication process takes around 70 days from submission to publication.
- Social Science Network
- The Manuscripts should be in MS-Word format. Manuscripts must be double-spaced, with 1-inch margins with “Times New Roman, Font Size 12, black”.
- The authors are required to submit their article in MS Word Format and according to the template available at www.socialisjournal.org under respective journals.
- Authors need to submit details of 2 Reviewers with their affiliations and official email IDs. The editor may send the author’s paper to either the suggested reviewers or to any other reviewers of choice.
- Two or more referees review all contributions by following the double-blind system. The review process takes up to 3-4 weeks and the status would be known after review of the submitted article. It is mandatory to mention a valid email address with content submitted online. We will acknowledge the receipt of your paper by email and an article id will be issued to the corresponding author. Manuscripts will be acknowledged within one week of receipt. The author(s) should keep in mind that it would be mandatory to cite this id while sending a query about the paper submitted online.
- On the first page of the paper (cover page), please provide full names (first, middle and last names) and full addresses (institute's address along with designation and correspondence address) along with the email address of the author(s). The author's name or affiliations should not appear anywhere else in the body of the manuscript, because our peer-review process is blinded.
- The actual paper should commence from the second page containing the title followed by the abstract, keywords, and the main paper. The author's name should not be mentioned anywhere except on the first page (cover page).
- The Manuscripts ideally should not be more than 6000 words.
- The abstract, followed by relevant keywords, should not be more than 250 words and should adequately describe the work and highlight its significance. The abstract should only include text. Avoid the use of abbreviations and references in the abstract.
- Tables should be numbered consecutively. The title of the table should be placed above the table. The source should be indicated at the bottom. Please provide the table(s) as the real table(s) with rows, columns, and cells. Each piece of information should reside in its own cell.
- Figures should be numbered consecutively. Wherever necessary, the source should be indicated at the bottom. The figures should also be given relevant titles.
- All tables, charts, graphs, diagrams should be black and not in colour. The images should be of high resolution and in black and white only. The number and complexity of such exhibits should be as low as possible. All charts and graphs should be drawn legibly and figures should be indicated in millions and billions.
- References should be included at the end of the paper. All the references should be cited in the body of the text. References and citations should be complete in all respects and arranged in alphabetical order. All references must be in APA style. The authors may take help of these online tools for generating APA references: https://www.ukessays.com/referencing/apa/generator/; http://www.citationmachine.net/apa/
- Display formulae and mathematical equations should be numbered serially. Equations should be typewritten and use the form (1).
- Footnotes, italics, and quotation marks should be kept to a minimum.
- The primary heading should be in the capitalized form (Uppercase), and boldface. The sub-headings should be in the title- case capitalization (first letter of each word in the capital) and in bold.
- Manuscripts not accepted for publication will not be sent back to contributors. Contributors whose papers are accepted or rejected will be informed by email only. Manuscripts will be acknowledged within one week of receipt. Hence, it is mandatory to mention a valid email address with the submitted content.
- All accepted papers will be checked for plagiarism using iThenticate. The acceptable plagiarism level is up to 20%. A plagiarism report will be sent to the author if the manuscript is detected with plagiarism levels higher than acceptable limits. The author needs to take corrective measures, so as to, bring the plagiarism below 20%, and resend the manuscript to the editor. Socialis Series in Social Science will not publish any paper, which fails in these criteria.
- WE WILL NOT ACCEPT HARD COPIES OF THE PAPERS. The paper has to be submitted in MS Word format only.
After a Paper is accepted for Publication
- If a paper is accepted for publication, the authors will be informed by email about the acceptance.
- An electronic version of the manuscript in MS- Word would be required once the paper is accepted for publication.
- Copyright of published articles will rest with the respective authors.
- The final draft is subject to editorial amendments to suit the journal's requirements.
- Each author will receive an electronic copy of his/her published paper.
For the mutual benefit and protection of the author and publisher, it is necessary that the author(s) provide a written consent to publish before publication in the journal. The signed consent ensures that the publisher has the author’s permission to publish the article. The Corresponding Author signs for and accepts the responsibility on behalf of any and all Co-Authors.
Submission Details:Edit Submission Preparation Checklist
Submit your manuscript by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
Includes scholarly contributions from diverse areas of Social Sciences. Combines theory and practice to open new frontiers of research and debate on key topics in the field of Social Sciences.
Bashar H. Malkawi, Professor of Law, College of Law, University of Sharjah (UAE)